A Nerd's Bucketlist
Here is a bucket list, and it will be actively updated (and hopefully also actively checked) in the future.
Below I added some updates from 04/04/2022.
Travel to at least one country except for US and China in 2020 Because of covid-19, I have not been able to travel internationally yet.
- Done! I’ve made two international trips (finally!) in July and August of 2023, one to Zurich, Switzerland, and the other to Thailand where I was the de facto tour guide for my parents..
Run for 10 kms in a single run
Lower body fat percent to below 27% After moving to California I started personal training with a trainer twice a week. I was surprised when I learned in the beginning of the training that I weighed 128lbs with 34.7% body fat percentage, which was not a healthy number. Five months later I am now at 115lbs with 31.1% body fat percentage. For this goal, I am confident to say that I am on track!
- Another update: now I’m at 26.3% body fat percentage. Goal checked!
Have a long distance roadtrip
- I visited to Yellowstone and Grand Teton in June, 2021. Checked!
- Go skydiving at least once
- Not yet, not a current priority
Go hiking at a real mountain
- Many times thanks to the great collection of trails in CA.
- Go to a live event of my favorite folk band, Acetre, although they are located in Badajoz, Spain
- Not checked either due to travel restrictions. But a friend who lives in Madrid sent me all of Acetre’s albums. Thanks!!
- Watch a live sumo game
- Not checked either
Continue to publish the work I have done On track! One last paper under review
- Read the following books:
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
- Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
- Modern Buddhism by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
- Born to Run by Christopher McDougall
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo